Tubeless Kite forum
Bienvenue chez vous sur TLK
Enregistrez vous "vite fait" et profitez de toutes les options du forum pour rejoindre l'espace du kite alternatif

Virez la fenêtre si elle vous gêne et restez un visiteur bienvenu !

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

Tubeless Kite forum
Bienvenue chez vous sur TLK
Enregistrez vous "vite fait" et profitez de toutes les options du forum pour rejoindre l'espace du kite alternatif

Virez la fenêtre si elle vous gêne et restez un visiteur bienvenu !
Tubeless Kite forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-34%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-34% LG OLED55B3 – TV OLED 4K 55″ 2023 – 100Hz HDR 10+, ...
919 € 1399 €
Voir le deal

review unity 12 , puis 10 par 2 japonais ( texte en anglais)

review unity 12 , puis 10 par 2 japonais ( texte en anglais) Empty review unity 12 , puis 10 par 2 japonais ( texte en anglais)

Message  lespagney Lun 3 Oct 2011 - 10:08

Kamikuza » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:37 pm
Rode the Unity 12 today in gusty-as-a-mofo conditions today ...
Don't think I got to see the kite in the best light because, like I said, the wind was up and down like a yo-yo. But here's what I remember ...

When it's powered, it's good fun. For me to park'n'ride with ease required at least 20 knots - it was showing 10m/s (just) on the wind meter when I got onto the water, and it felt like it picked up a bit afterwards. Below that I'm working it hard, which didn't seem very rewarding at all. It's not a fast kite but it's a steady plodder. Send it across the window very depowered though and it goes fast Smile
Kite seemed pretty stable ... it would almost auto-zenith with the right wind. I managed to stall it and it inverted partially (anti-invert line stopped it) and it dropped to the water, then I flipped it out and reverse-launched. Regular drops into the water were reverse-launched with ease.
Didn't see it auto-relaunch at all, but the water was choppy ... and Bailey - it didn't sit on its tip on the land either - back-stall landing was still the easiest method. You might be able to do it though, with the stopper ball.
Jumps were ok I guess - kind of hard to compare them to the 21 Laughing not violent lifts at all but nice enough hang-time for easy back-rolls etc.

The Infinity 2.0 bar ... I like it! It's thicker than the Speed3 bar I think. I like the grip tape going all the way out to the bar-ends cos I found the best way to ride was hold the bar with your back hand near the center, doing most of the sheeting and the front hand right at the end of the bar, steering. The balance between the hands made it easier to park the kite - it wants to climb with both hands at the center.
Sheet and untwist works very well - smooth as. I notice little bearing looking things in there too ...
Didn't use the stopper ball much but I'm sure I'll like it. You can't push the bar away to move it though.
Everything else functions well on it ... my only misgiving is it's more complex than it should be, it seems - those bungy cords are asking to rot away and there's too many screws I reckon.

I think it'll be great above 25 knots ... but for me, there's not enough overlap with the 21. I still need a Speed3 12!!!

Kamikuza
Foil Family

Unread postby Kamikuza » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:14 am
Disappointed that I didn't have the wind to just ride around with the kite, rather than struggle constantly ... it's that season here though - gusty, lully crap.
Regular fabric - I reckon it weighs more than the S3 21! Mind you, I can talk ... I punish the scales at 125kg :o and I was riding my Flydoor XL.

I think if you want constant power in turns, you'll be happy - it's pretty smooth. Has a lot of depower too but didn't front stall at all. I think the WAC was set firmer too - the bite came in about 2 inches from the bar. The depower rope looks like it's 60cm long ...

If anyone wants to sell a Speed3 12 or trade I might be interested - I've satisfied my curiosity Very Happy I think I've been spoiled by the Speeds ...!

Kamikuza
Foil Family

Re: Unity 10m any comparisons with Psycho etc.

Unread postby Kaito » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 am
So I got out with the kite Saturday. Winds started out high teens, gusts 20ish.
Power felt just right. (at 66,67kgds, usually, I’d be out on one size smaller)

Still gotta get a couple sess's to really get used to the kite...but then, there's not a lot "to" get used to. Right away, I could feel how stable and super user friendly it was. The canopy shape didn't budge at all. Also, in some mild gusts, lulls, the kite just floats to where she should be. I kinda understood what was previously mentioned by "mindless"..tho that shouldn’t be misunderstood for "boring", as in my opinion, it’s what you do w/the kite that makes it exciting. Cool

It started out 17~20ish knots, and I was just right. Out w/a 138x43 twintip and felt perfectly powered and comfortable. Tide was going out, so the water was really buttery flat at the sandbar. Wanting to get a feel for the kite, I pulled the bar in, all the way, to see what would happen. The kite has zero stall. None. Which was cool. The TE tucks, and I think I got some more juice, but no stalling. Kinda felt the kite went upwind better w/the bar out tho.

Sent it a couple time after building some speed, and it DOES boost. I had a
couple of boosts where I went higher than I thought, and had to abort! Embarassed
Prob a bit rusty on my send-it jumping skills from riding strapless so much. But no doubt, the kite DOES boost. Not as floaty horizontally as a Speed or Psycho, but plenty of lift, and still really good glide..IMHO.

I did a few load and pop airs/wake style, and it did great. Loads nicely, and kite stays put, without any twitching.
A few airs off of kickers too, and again, solid in the sky, nice power, and again very smooth.

The solidness is prob cuz the kite doesn't turn super fast. I still want to play w/it a bit more, and see how it reacts to bar input at different amounts of power/depower, but all'n all, it felt about the same turning speed as the Pulse2 for now.
Then again, the canopy was super stable, with zero tip-tuck, so I'm think'n the mixer-settings are on the very most stable, and it could be tweaked some to get more turning speed out of it. I gotta check this, and will change the setting to see what I can squeeze out. Definitely feels it’s so stable there's room for tweaking.

The best thing I felt from the kite was how it kept its shape when kiting straight at it, or when riding a wave, and drifting. The kite drifts very well! I really didn't have to look at the kite, or plan for where to direct it, when on the wave. Just get on the wave, carve it, and the kite just drifts with you. I tried directing the kite w/my movement on the wave, but it didn't too well keeping up..but then, at this point, the wind weakened a bit too. Prob 14,15,gust 16knts..(other riders weren’t going as much upwind, and a couple were changing to surfboards)

The depower - Yes, it has lots of it! I didn't let it fly across the window and see how much it pulled, but only went off of bar throw. The bar throw is longer, so you can really dump A LOT of power by just pushing out. When the wind was stronger, high teens/twenty? I just let the bar out, and didn't feel any need to reach for the depower strap. Felt very smooth and in control.
The stopper ball was nice for when the wind dropped, and not having to hold the bar at the sweet spot on the depower throw. Just move the ball, and let the bar rest on it. Really simple and comfortable.

The kite doesn't have "auto zenith", but it felt strangely stable at the windows edge, when at the beach. It really just stays were you left it. No drifting lower or higher. After 30secs or so, it will start to drift one way, or another, but still, really slowly.

Only thing I'm not 100% sure about w/the kite is the turning speed. Like I said, it felt super super stable, and the wing tips were really solid, so I'm almost positive the settings can be changed just a little to get more turning speed out of it. Once I do, I think my impression of the kite will be even better. ^^ Every other aspect of the kite, as mentioned, is noticeably improved from the Pulse2!

Oh - the new infinity bar worked very easily. I don't think I'll be having any prob's with it. Seemed simplified, and reliable.

More to come, once I change the mixer for just a bit more turning speed!
One good session w/the kite, and it has both satisfied my anticipation, and got me curious to see if I can squeeze just a little more out of it! :mrgreen:
Rgds,
K.
Hang what you will, follow as you please, and have fun how ever you choose!

Kaito
Foil Family

Unread postby Bailey » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:52 am
Thanks alot for the review. Smile

Bailey
Foil Family

Unread postby Doonatamer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:59 am
I actually find the speed3 and pulse2 don't drift as well as the psycho4, The Kite deforms so much when the lines go slack on the pyscho4 that it helps it drift quicker and prevents it's tips getting tangled. The pyscho4 is also the most responsive depowered. I am really hoping that flysurfer doesn't tone down the next pyscho and if anything increase the triple depower and maybe aspect ratio as well. I would love a kite that went 50% projected area( like old c kite) to 90ish% like warrior.

Doonatamer
Foil Family

Unread postby Kamikuza » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:46 am
What size were you, Kaito?

I swear, when the wind was up and I felt powered, the kite would just sit at the zenith Laughing
I had some backstalling when the wind was "light" but it was a horrid, horrid day for gusts. I gotta check the line lengths though cos it IS a used kite, no matter how hard it is to tell :o

I'm wishing I'd kept the P4 15 for a compro Laughing hmm ...

Kamikuza
Foil Family

Unread postby Kaito » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:59 am

Kamikuza wrote:What size were you, Kaito?

I swear, when the wind was up and I felt powered, the kite would just sit at the zenith Laughing
I had some backstalling when the wind was "light" but it was a horrid, horrid day for gusts. I gotta check the line lengths though cos it IS a used kite, no matter how hard it is to tell :o

I'm wishing I'd kept the P4 15 for a compro Laughing hmm ...

Size? I'm 175cm, and about 67ish kgs..

Another note to add to my review.
I flew the 10m with my surfboard(no straps), and it was a nice combo!
The ease of use really let me just ride the waves and think nothing of the kite. I wasn't even loooking at it much. Smile
The board I have has very little rocker (placebo 4'10" surfsk8), and is a fast board. It made me feel that the Unity really works off of appearant wind too. Even when the wind was weakening & I was a bit under powered at times, it was one dive to get up on the board, second dive to get up to speed, and after that, I could feel the acceleration and kite come up to speed.
Unity goes well with a floaty or fast (low rocker) board.
- Afficher le texte des messages précédents -
lespagney
lespagney
Félé du caisson
Félé du caisson

Poids : 74

Revenir en haut Aller en bas